- Strategic framework starts with ideation – Who am I, where am I going. White arrow indicates whether am aligned or mis-aligned. Strategy is at the heart, the question is if you are aligned strategically aligned with the company’s culture. Mode is helpful to us in thinking about business in general.
- Six Influence strategies: Liking, Reciprocity, Consistency, Social proof (we make decisions based on how other people do it), Expertise, Scarcity.
- Person’s perception is the reality.
- Credibility is based on Trust (Talk Straight, Demonstrate respect, create transparency, right wrongs, show loyalty), Credibility (Deliver results, get better, confront reality, clarify expectations, practice accountability), Trust & Competence Behaviors (Listen first, keep commitments, extend trust)
- Organizational politics is about positioning your ideas in a favorable light i.e. knowing what to say, how, when and whom to say it. After you reach a certain level of technical competence, success is all about politics.
• Personal Exceptionalism
• Cost cutting is not about where to cut cost but where to make the spending.
• Successful scaling is about spreading and sustaining a shared belief about which actions are sacred and which are profane, and not just a footprint.
• Matured value for handling conflict is by depersonalizing the conflict, personalize the implications.
• It is not the product itself which matters as an example of outcome but what it enables to happen.
• Fuzzy front end occurs partly because of lack of leadership as leadership doesn’t get involved in the beginning but towards the end perhaps because of the overspending.
• One of the facets of leadership is about making others go beyond the comfort zone as it is outside the comfort zone where you get to know more about yourself and in turn about others.
- The world of Project Management has changed from project execution to strategy execution i.e. from getting it done to getting the right results. The chief implementer officer (people working on the projects i.e. implementers of the strategy responsible for converting strategy into execution) has to make sure that we are managing the integration that we have with project, program, portfolio supported by culture, structure and strategy all within people, process, tools that makes it work.
- As a Manager you do not have to tell a worker what to do, but you have to teach them culture i.e. you have to help them decide what to do in a given situation, teaching people how to surface problems and resolve problems, modeling how to solve problems.
- Management is the art and science of getting things done, you get things done by understanding why things work the way they do, figuring out the rules and then acting upon the rules. Understanding the culture is one way of explaining what happens, but that’s not enough, the other elements understand the structure, politics, people. It’s analogous to scientific evidence that at times light is a particle and other times light is a wave.
- Personal ideation i.e. who you are in the strategic execution framework and where you are going is the key to loyality, commitment and drives the strategic execution.
Since it’s the Christmas time & folks are having a hard time keeping a tab on the gifts inventory and the associated notes around the same, thought of venturing into the Android world by creating a NotesApp which does the following:
- The NotesApp stores the notes in the Android Internal storage as well as SQLLite database.
- Once the app loads, it loads the saved notes in the textView as well as the list of notes previously saved in the SQLLite database.
- There are three buttons for saving, deleting (earliest one) the notes in the database, saving the notes in the internal storage.
If anyone would like to collaborate on taking this to a level where it could be released on Google Play, have few ideas around the same.
The command to gracefully restart apache2 web server under Red Hat | CentOS | RHEL | Fedora Linux as a root user is:
apachectl -k graceful
In order to view logs command under CentOS | RHEL:
tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log
For Debian | Ubuntu Linux:
tail -f /var/log/apache2/error.log
[Sun Nov 24 04:02:02 2013] [notice] Digest: done
[Sun Nov 24 04:02:02 2013] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) configured — resuming normal operations
[Wed Nov 27 18:44:48 2013] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing restart
[Wed Nov 27 18:44:48 2013] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication …
[Wed Nov 27 18:44:48 2013] [notice] Digest: done
[Wed Nov 27 18:44:48 2013] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) configured — resuming normal operations
[Wed Nov 27 18:52:57 2013] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing restart
[Wed Nov 27 18:52:57 2013] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication …
[Wed Nov 27 18:52:57 2013] [notice] Digest: done
[Wed Nov 27 18:52:57 2013] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) configured — resuming normal operations