• It is not the product itself which matters as an example of outcome but what it enables to happen.
• Fuzzy front end occurs partly because of lack of leadership as leadership doesn’t get involved in the beginning but towards the end perhaps because of the overspending.
• One of the facets of leadership is about making others go beyond the comfort zone as it is outside the comfort zone where you get to know more about yourself and in turn about others.
- The world of Project Management has changed from project execution to strategy execution i.e. from getting it done to getting the right results. The chief implementer officer (people working on the projects i.e. implementers of the strategy responsible for converting strategy into execution) has to make sure that we are managing the integration that we have with project, program, portfolio supported by culture, structure and strategy all within people, process, tools that makes it work.
- As a Manager you do not have to tell a worker what to do, but you have to teach them culture i.e. you have to help them decide what to do in a given situation, teaching people how to surface problems and resolve problems, modeling how to solve problems.
- Management is the art and science of getting things done, you get things done by understanding why things work the way they do, figuring out the rules and then acting upon the rules. Understanding the culture is one way of explaining what happens, but that’s not enough, the other elements understand the structure, politics, people. It’s analogous to scientific evidence that at times light is a particle and other times light is a wave.
- Personal ideation i.e. who you are in the strategic execution framework and where you are going is the key to loyality, commitment and drives the strategic execution.
Since it’s the Christmas time & folks are having a hard time keeping a tab on the gifts inventory and the associated notes around the same, thought of venturing into the Android world by creating a NotesApp which does the following:
- The NotesApp stores the notes in the Android Internal storage as well as SQLLite database.
- Once the app loads, it loads the saved notes in the textView as well as the list of notes previously saved in the SQLLite database.
- There are three buttons for saving, deleting (earliest one) the notes in the database, saving the notes in the internal storage.
If anyone would like to collaborate on taking this to a level where it could be released on Google Play, have few ideas around the same.
The command to gracefully restart apache2 web server under Red Hat | CentOS | RHEL | Fedora Linux as a root user is:
apachectl -k graceful
In order to view logs command under CentOS | RHEL:
tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log
For Debian | Ubuntu Linux:
tail -f /var/log/apache2/error.log
[Sun Nov 24 04:02:02 2013] [notice] Digest: done
[Sun Nov 24 04:02:02 2013] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) configured — resuming normal operations
[Wed Nov 27 18:44:48 2013] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing restart
[Wed Nov 27 18:44:48 2013] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication …
[Wed Nov 27 18:44:48 2013] [notice] Digest: done
[Wed Nov 27 18:44:48 2013] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) configured — resuming normal operations
[Wed Nov 27 18:52:57 2013] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing restart
[Wed Nov 27 18:52:57 2013] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication …
[Wed Nov 27 18:52:57 2013] [notice] Digest: done
[Wed Nov 27 18:52:57 2013] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) configured — resuming normal operations
System Controller displays the results of boot diagnostics and initialization.
System Console, one per computer, is a means to interact with the lower-level of the system that affect the firmware and alter the system behavior.
From System Controller, one can reach the System console by the ALOM system controller break and command pair.
From the System Console ok prompt, one can issue the boot command to boot the operating system. One can also pick a disk to boot from by issuing show-disks at the ok prompt followed by appending the target to the disk path.
q) NO SELECTION Enter Selection, q to quit: q
ok boot disk0
ok boot disk0
Boot device: /pci@0/pci@0/pci@2/scsi@0/disk@0 File and args:
SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_127127-03 64-bit
Copyright 1983-2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
NIS domain name is x.x.x.x
hostname console login:
In order to be able to type URL’s instead of typing
http://localhost:8080//index.jsp , one needs to change the DNS server settings to point the hostname to the static ip-address, the one that identifies the server when identified in the context of one’s LAN. However DNS resolves only IP addresses and not port numbers therefore either anything other than port 80 must be explicitly declared or one needs to switch the tomcat listening port to 80 instead of 8080.
Further, the IP software checks the local hosts file, residing at /etc/hosts for Linux, before asking DNS to resolve a host name.
Related to this, there is a name based virtual hosting concept in Tomcat wherein all your sites can share a common IP and the server inspects the Http request headers to decide which site to serve. The configuration would involve adding a
<Host ..> directive in the
<Host name=”localhost” debug=”0″ appBase=”webapps”
In the above example, name is the domain name & appbase is the directory where all the webapps resides.
If you don’t need to have more than one virtual hosts, you can set the default Host to localhost and only that one
<Host> defined. It is a better configuration because you can support arbitrary hostnames as long as your DNS is setup correctly.